Lemon Garlic Chicken
Presented here is the Chinese version of lemon chicken. This dish is common in Italian, French and Chinese Cuisines with native variations, but I love the Chinese way of cooking it. The chicken is originally deep fried instead of being saute as in my recipe below, but I prefer to keep a check on health and avoid the eating flamboyance where possible. Besides, it is best sauteed if you wish to slow cook it. Enjoy!
Cooking time: 5-6 hours.
- 6 chicken breasts with bones, remove skin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, chop finely
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped for garnishing
- Hot cooked rice
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, lemon juice, garlic and soya sauce.
- In a skill, heat the butter and cook the chicken for three minutes till it turns brown.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker with water and chicken stock.
- Cover the pot and it cook for 5 to 6 hours till the chicken is tender and all excess moisture dries out.
- Top with fresh parsley.
To serve: Serve over hot boiled rice. You may enjoy with crusty olive bread too. Add a tablespoon of finely chopped peanuts in the end. This gives a dry, nutty kick to your dish.
Categories: Black Pepper, Butter, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chinese, Garlic, Holiday, Hot, Lemon, Main Dish, Oregano, Parsley, Rice, Salt, Soy sauce, water