Tangy Sweet and Sour Chicken
This delicious Sweet and Sour chicken with its tangy twists will amuse your taste buds as the sauces fuse together to create the distinctive flavor. It especially comes to the rescue when you want a dish cooking by the side as you focus on preparing main courses.
It is best served with boiled rice, but you may also add variation with dinner rolls.
Cooking time: 5 hours
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup diced pineapple chunks canned (keep juice)
- ¼ medium onion diced into 1 inch pieces
- ½ green pepper, dices into 1 inch pieces
- boiled rice to serve with
- Mix together all the sauces, pineapple juice and seasonings well till combined.
- Coat chicken with the mixture and place in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, and pineapple to the crock pot. Cook for half an hour.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and slowly pour and stir into the chicken.
- Serve with boiled rice or dinner rolls.
Categories: Black Pepper, Brown Sugar, Chicken, Christmas, Corn Starch, Garlic, Ginger, Green Pepper, Holiday, Hot, Lemon, Onion, Pineapple, Rice, Salt, Side Dish, Soy sauce, Tomatoes, water