The Meaty Loaf
Presented is an ultimate main course idea for meat lovers. This recipe has flavors that will take you to a journey of scrumptious and mouth watering meaty bites. Slice out a piece of the meaty loaf onto the serving plates and that will leave you too sated to ask for more. I serve it normally with mashed potatoes but you may serve it over egg noodles to enhance flavors of your effort. Contrary to the crusty baked ones, this slow cooker version is more tender, moist and definitely a successful try.
Cooking time: 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions until soft, over medium low heat
- Add salt, pepper, chicken stock, soya sauce and tomato paste to the onions. Cook till it thickens.
- In a bowl, combine onion mixture, parsley, eggs, breadcrumbs and beef. Gently mix well to combine.
- Layer three sheets of foil over each other in the slower cooker.
- Now place the mixture into slow cooker and shape it into loaf.
- Pour ketchup over the top.
- Cook meatloaf for 4 hours on low heat. Once done, remove from the cooker using the sides of foil.
- Serve sliced, with mashed potatoes and sour cream or as desired
Categories: Beef, Black Pepper, Breadcrumbs, Christmas, Egg, Hot, Ketchup, Main Dish, Oil, Onion, Parsley, Salt, Soy sauce, Tomatoes