Zesty Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
The bread is ideal for breakfast and makes a sweet surprising treat for picnics as the lemon renders the bread tangy lemon flavor while the poppy seeds add a pleasant crunch to the extremely soft bread.
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence heaped
- Grease the slow cooker’s surface with oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, sour cream, oil and milk together.
- Sift together flour, salt, poppy seeds and baking powder. Mix in the egg mixture.
- Cover the crock pot’s surface with sheets of foils and grease it. Pour in the batter.
- Use a flat surface to make the surface smooth.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 2 hours on high heat till the bread is set. Prick with a fork to check if the bread is done.
- Turn off the slow cooker and wait for the bread to cool down before removing from the crock pot.
- Cool the bread on a wiring rack for fifteen minutes.
Cut the loaf into slices and serve with jam, cream, or cream cheese spread over them.
Categories: Baking powder, Cold, Dessert, Egg, Flour, Holiday, Lemon, Milk, Poppy seeds, Salt, Sour cream, Sugar, Vanilla Essence, vegetable oil