Christmas Special: Lemon Basil Chicken
You decide to call a feast this Christmas and we are here to help you with this amazingly easy and scrumptious recipe, with the crock pot at your assistance. The herbs, flavorful fusion of lemon, thyme and basil gives it a very distinct kick; your guests will never be able to guess what a piece of cake this main course was! Cooking in the slow cooker helps the chicken absorb the flavors, with explosion of juice budding in every bite. Garnish the dish with halved boiled eggs and potato wedges on the sides. Have it Merry!
Cooking time: 7 hours
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 raw carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 medium onions coarsely cut
- One whole chicken, around 4 lbs, remove giblets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon heaped garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-6 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Thoroughly wash the chicken, removing the giblets and pat the chicken dry.
- Combine all the seasonings and rub the chicken with with it.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker along with oil, chicken broth, onions, celery stalks and carrots.
- Cover the crock pot and cook the chicken for 7 hours on low heat till it is fully cooked and tender.
Categories: Basil, Black Pepper, Carrot, Celery, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Christmas, Garlic, Hot, Lemon, Main Dish, Oil, Onion, Salt, Thyme, With Garnishing