The Cream of Chicken Soup
Here is another hot starter for winters. Cream of Chicken Soup is perfect for the indoor days when blanket seems like a cozy refuge. Cuddle down in velvet as the slow cooker prepares the soup to get you warm. You may add mushroom and broccoli to make it healthier and tastier.
Cooking time: 8 hours
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese salt
- 1 cup packaged cream
- Combine chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, and basil in a slow cooker and stir well.
- Cut chicken into very small cubes and add into the broth. Cook for 7-8 hours on low heat.
- Melt butter over heat in a pan and mix in flour. Season with salt, Chinese salt and white pepper.
- Pour the flour mixture and cream into the slow cooker and mix well till it simmers to a thick consistency. Sprinkle parsley and serve hot.
Tip: You may add chicken chunks once the broth is half done. That way, the chicken stays chunky, and does not blend into the soup.
Serving Style: Serve with croutons or Chinese crackers for a fulfilling treat.
Categories: Basil, Butter, Carrot, Celery, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chinese salt, Christmas, Cream, Flour, Holiday, Hot, Salt, Soup & Stew, water, White pepper, With Garnishing