The Weight Watcher’s Lasagna
Now the weight watchers can enjoy the cheesy lasagna without their temptations taking toll on their health. Goat cheese is surprisingly low on calories and fat, and even helps to boost metabolism rate. The recipe fuses this wondrous ingredient with low-fat Parmesan and mozzarella cheese that make lasagna healthfully creamy and scrumptious.
- 1 lb chicken mince
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 12 whole-wheat lasagna strips, uncooked
- Sauté chicken in a skillet over high flame so that the excess water dries out
- Mix in the seasonings, onions, tomatoes, capsicum and spinach and combine to form a mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Parmesan, goat cheese and half of mozzarella, while you keep the rest aside.
- Grease the crock pot with little oil. Spread a layer of lasagna strips over it.
- Spoon over it the chicken mixture and then top it with the cheese mixture.
- Spread lasagna strips over it again and repeat the process, ending with a layer of lasagna on the top.
- Cover the crock pot and let it cook for 5 hours on low heat or till the lasagna is done. Prick with a fork to check for its tenderness.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the lasagna and cover the crock switching the mode to warm, till the cheese melts.
- Spoon out and serve.
Categories: Basil, Bell Pepper, Birthday, Black Pepper, Chicken, goat cheese, Holiday, Hot, Italian herbs, low-fat mozzarella cheese, Main Dish, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Salt, spinach, Tomatoes, whole-wheat lasagna strips