Stuffed Peppers- A Creative Pick!
This is one excitingly creative pick; experiment with the variety of colored peppers or better yet, the extensive kinds of stuffing that you can put in them. From vegetarian and non-vegetarian to rice lovers, this “so-simple” side dish, that can be prepared by all for all. I am a beef lover with my non-vegetarian version of the stuffed peppers. I just love the tenderness of the capsicums after they cook for long hours and absorb the beefy juices like they own them- a definite recommendation.
Cooking time: 7-9 hours
- 6-8 large bell peppers
- 1 lb. minced beef, uncooked
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, for topping
- 1 cup beef stock
- Mix minced beef, onion, rice, half the tomatoes and seasonings well.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and hollow out any seeds.
- Stuff peppers with equal portions of beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers in the slow cooker.
- Separately combine the other half of tomatoes, beef stock and half teaspoon salt, and mix well. Pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Cover the lid of the slow cooker and let it cook on low for about 6 to 7 hours.
- Half an hour before removing, sprinkle mozzarella on the tops of the peppers so it melts. Serve hot with crusty breads.
Categories: Beef, Bell Pepper, Black Pepper, Brown Rice, Cheese, Chili powder, Cumin, Egg, Garlic, Holiday, Hot, Onion, Salt, Side Dish, Spanish, Tomatoes, With Garnishing