Party Bashes: Slow Cooker Mini Pizza Burgers
Planning a party menu for kids is a tough job- the little guests can be so finicky over what they eat. Mini pizza burgers is a must have on such occasions since the portions are small and the deliciously colorful look is bound to tempt them to reach for another piece.
Cooking time: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless chicken, very coarsely cut
- 2 onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pounded red chili
- 18-20 small buns cut in halves
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Put all the ingredients except onion, pounded red chili, green pepper, buns and cheeses in the slow cooker.
- Cover and let them cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Now add in green pepper, olives and onions and cook for another hour. The mixture should be saucy when you turn the slow cooker off.
- Cut the mini buns into halves.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture over each piece of bun. Lavishly shower cheeses over them.
- Sprinkle a little oregano and pounded red chili over each serving.
- Keep in the oven for 15 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Variations: It also tastes great when cooked in grounded beef.
Categories: Basil, Birthday, black olives, Burger buns, Cheddar cheese, Chicken, Chili powder, Crushed red chilli, Garlic, Green Pepper, Hot, Ketchup, low-fat mozzarella cheese, Onion, Oregano, Parsley, Salt, Side Dish, Thyme