Christmas Fruit Cake- Jingle All The Way!
With December bells about to jingle, it is time to bring your crock pot onto action. Crock-bake your fruit cake this Christmas and allow its extraordinary softness balance off the crunch of the dry fruits.
- 1 kg mixed dried fruits (raisins, almonds, sultanas, currants, cashews or your desired blend)
- ½ cup fruit juice (orange juice or any other)
- 1 teaspoon zest
- 4 tablespoon fruit marmalade
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Line the slow cooker with two sheets of foil.
- Use an electric beater to mix in a large bowl sugar, butter, flour, eggs, essence, cinnamon powder and nutmeg. Beat well on medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes till combined.
- Fold in zest and dry fruits into the batter.
- Grease the foil well with oil. Make sure that you leave enough foil on the sides to act as handles when you lift the cake off the crock pot.
- Pour in the mixture. Cover with butter paper or another layer of foil to give the cake shape as it bakes in the slow cooker.
- Lid and cook for 6 hours on low heat.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the cake cool down to room temperature.
- Lift the cake off and remove the foil.
- Cook the marmalade and juice together and pour over the cake to form a glaze. Let the glaze settle before you serve.
Categories: Birthday, Brown Sugar, Christmas, Cinnamon, Dessert, Dried fruits, Egg, Flour, fruit marmalade, Nutmeg Powder, orange juice, orange zest, unsalted butter, Vanilla Essence