Chicken Enchilada Soup
This will definitely sate your love for the Mexican food. Get cozy these winters with a simmering bowl of Chicken enchilada soup with flavorsome ingredients giving your bowl interesting colors and textures. Topped with a choice of your favorite garnish including in the option a spoon of sour cream, cheese and some tacos, treat your family with kingly fulfillment without much effort, thanks to the crock pot.
Cooking time: 6-7 hours
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps. minced garlic
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 red enchilada sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup kernel corn
- 1 packet cream of chicken soup
- 8 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsps. ground cumin
- 6 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (garnishing)
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves (garnishing)
- 1 bag tortilla chips (garnishing)
- Place the chicken on the surface of the slow cooker and add in all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low heat.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred and return to the pot, letting it cook for half an hour.
- Serve, topped with sour cream, cheese, cilantro and tortilla chips on top.
Categories: Appetizer, Black Pepper, Cheese, Chicken, Christmas, cilantro Leaves, Corn, Course, Cumin, Enchilada Sauce, Garlic, Green Chillies, Holiday, Hot, Mexican, Olive Oil, Onion, Salt, Soup & Stew, Sour cream, Tomatoes, tortilla chips