Chicken Noodle Soup
Here is a classic recipe for chicken noodle soup, with easy ingredients and aromatic herbs that is bound to give you an experience back in time. A mix of vegetables and noodles slowly cooked in chicken stock give you a flavored bowl of hot serving. A simple recipe with healthy ingredient is great in taste and can be enjoyed by family, especially the kids who love noodles.
Cooking time: 7-8 hours
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- ½ kg chicken coarsely minced
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- Put all ingredients except noodles in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Then add noodles and cook for another hour till the noodles are done.
- Serve and sprinkle parsley on top.
Categories: American, Appetizer, Chicken, Holiday, Hot