Macaroni and Cheese – An Appetizing Blend
Tired of cooking meat for dinner all the time? We have a Pasta Lovers’ Special recipe to make a perfect main course in less time. If your friends are coming over or you wish to surprise your family with a heartwarming simple cheesy dish, try slow cooking macaroni and cheese today if have love for pasta, cheese or both. A little care must be taken not to leave this delicacy in crock pot for long hours as pasta cooks fast and might get sappy if you forget about it. Toss in chopped vegetables to add flavor and color to your plates. The recipe can be altered as per taste and you can add more vegetables, shredded chicken, corn or anything you want to enjoy with the appetizing blend of cheese and macaroni.
Cooking time: 4 hours
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- butter, for greasing the slow cooker
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or a Cheddar blend
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped vegetables
- Grease the pot with butter so the macaroni does not stick at the bottom.
- Mix eggs, milk, evaporated milk, spices, cheese, vegetables and macaroni and pour in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-3 hours till the macaroni gets tender.
- Dish out of the slow cooker and bake it in the oven to get a golden crispy layer on top (optional)
Categories: Birthday, Black Pepper, Butter, Cheese, Egg, Evaporated Milk, Holiday, Hot, Macaroni, Main Dish, Milk, Olive Oil, Paprika, Salt